Dad spots Sir Paul McCartney at the bus stop


A Liverpool dad chatted to Sir Paul McCartney about their old school after he spotted his hero at a bus stop. Colin Newitt, 52, struck up a short conversation with the Beatles legend after his wife spotted him in the Heswall area. Colin managed to have a brief chat with Sir Paul, 79, on Saturday (September 25) afternoon as he drove his family from Parkgate back home to south Liverpool.

Colin said: "So we had been to Parkgate for a meal with our son Mason when I heard my wife shouting 'look there's Paul.' "He had just got out of a car and we had stopped at the lights. I wound the window down and shouted 'Paul.' He shouted back 'You alright.'

"I then told him that I went to the same school as him. He asked me which one and I said Liverpool Institute. He asked me who was my teacher and said I can't remember but that Mr Parker was the head. "The lights then changed and we had to go. I shouted 'See ya' and he waved goodbye. "He had just got out of a car with his daughter Stella."

Colin said that his family also shared another connection with the McCartney family. He said: "My son Mason goes to Stella's former fashion school St Martins in London. So we have two things in common with the McCartneys." Colin , who worked as a DJ for 35 years, said he is a life-long Beatles fan.

On Friday the famous singer songwriter paid tribute to his first wife, Linda, on what would have been her 80th birthday.

Sir Paul posted a picture of Linda looking directly at the camera with her head in her hands lying in grass. He wrote: "Have a great day on what would have been Linda’s 80th birthday - Paul."

[From Liverpool Echo]